Spreadsheets are long gone!
In fact, much weirder looks are exchanged when someone mentions about spreadsheets in the context of cost estimation. Apparently, the tedious and erroneous calculations neither maximize productivity nor yield beneficial results.
Recently, people are vouching for big data analysis and related sort of thing. Such has been the value of data these days, people would spend millions, even billions for it!
Contractors need not invest the huge upfront costs of buying a Construction Estimating Software, especially when cloud-based solutions are soaring above greater heights due to cheap costs. The benefits of investing in such software include:
1. Pinpointed accuracy. An estimate based on various expenditures related to the construction need not necessarily be “exact”, but it’s a fact that no calculation goes wrong with the help of a software. That means, inputs given to the software would generate accurate results.
2. Integrated or Built-in cost databases. Estimation with the help of data available in the integrated cost databases and utilizing contractors’ own sets of data.
3. Online data collaboration. Digital data allow comments, approvals, and tweaks via online collaboration methods. It avoids any requirement of retrieving a physical file out of heaps.
4. Compatibility with different applications. On account of comprehensive information retrieval, the compatible Cost Estimation Software offers a versatile solution to the users.
5. Overhead costs. The software also presents real-time data of entire overhead costs, which include permit fees, project item costs, and similar indirect costs.